AZOTE® is the group brand name for Zotefoams’ closed cell, crosslinked polyolefin foams… high quality foams from differing base polymers but all manufactured using unique autoclave processes. You can find a more detailed description of our proprietary three-stage manufacturing processes here.
AZOTE was used formerly as a name for nitrogen and is still used by French chemists to refer to the element. AZOTE foams derive many of their exceptional properties directly from the use of this inert, tasteless, odourless gas in the manufacturing process.
The AZOTE polyolefin foams range from Zotefoams incorporates world-leading technical foam brands; Plastazote®, Evazote®, Supazote® and AZOTE® Adapt stand for individual product types within the overall AZOTE product range.
- Plastazote: closed cell, crosslinked LDPE, HDPE and blends.
- Evazote: closed cell, crosslinked EVA copolymers
- Supazote: closed cell, crosslinked EMA copolymer
- AZOTE Adapt: closed cell, crosslinked PE foams
AZOTE foams are characterised by:
- consistent cell size and structure
- outstanding purity
- exceptional isotropic physical performance
- extremely low odour
Each AZOTE foam is formulated to satisfy a specific range of applications. They represent the best-in-class solution for the desired range of mechanical characteristics such as impact absorption and also deliver:
- colour uniformity
- ease and consistency in fabrication
- uniform density
- predictability in performance