Supplier Quality Engineer / Quality Assurance
Zotefoams plc is a world leader in polymer processing technology. Using a unique manufacturing process with environmentally friendly nitrogen expansion, Zotefoams produces lightweight foams in Croydon (UK) and Kentucky (US) that are used widely in many applications including aircraft, the automotive industry and leading sportswear brands. They are enjoying a period of strong, sustained growth and are investing in their operational excellence programme.
Zotefoams is currently an ISO9001 accredited company. Its volume share is increasing within aerospace and automotive markets and is moving towards to aerospace quality management systems. The Supplier Quality Engineer role is to improve quality performance, OTIF, cost and delivery of suppliers by ensuring that suppliers have appropriate quality systems in place.
- Develop and deliver supplier quality improvement plans based on KPIs. Collate supplier KPIs and improvement plans; track and report monthly within the business.
- Identify risks relating to suppliers performance, their quality management system, be the owner of supplier risk management. Plan and perform audits at supplier locations. Drive all audit related corrective actions to completion; escalate inaction within the business.
- Co-operate with the Raw Materials Development Manager, the Raw Materials Manager and others to develop and maintain supplier qualification plans for raw material introductions using APQP principles. Determine supplier readiness, track and report monthly within the business and escalate issues where needed.
- Work with suppliers to develop their quality systems in line with the company’s quality requirements. Represent Zotefoams Quality Department at meetings with suppliers.
- Collate data relating to supplier issues. Raise these with suppliers and obtain robust corrective action plans, using 8D and 6 sigma where appropriate.
- Undertake product and or process capability studies at suppliers and throughout the organization. Provide accurate quality performance data.
- Monitor and analyse supplier performance and quality records to identify trends and promptly action resolution.
- Ensure timely resolution of customer complaints and internal product non-conformities using 8D, including the implementation of containments, root cause analysis, corrective action and closure. This will include direct supplier and customer contact to agree resolution time scales.
- Establish, document and maintain departmental procedures. Maintain general QA records, samples and archives as required by the business.
- Provide business analyst skills in relation to processes improvement, process monitoring, SPC, 6 sigma and other projects as required by the business.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- HNC level or degree in an engineering discipline or similar.
- Demonstrable experience and success within a quality role developing suppliers and driving supplier improvement.
- Previous experience in an ISO9001 environment in plastics, automotive, aerospace or other relevant industry.
- Working knowledge of quality systems and processes. AS9100, ISO 9001. Understanding of APQP, FMEA, control plans, MSA, 8D, and 6 sigma.
- Excellent skills in practical application of quality in a manufacturing environment.
- Internal and customer audit experience. Customer and supplier facing management skills for problem resolution.
- Ability to lead a cross-functional teams without direct authority to achieve project aims.
- High level of computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.