AZOTE® is the group brand name for Zotefoams’ closed cell, cross-linked polyolefin foams... high quality foams from differing base polymers but all manufactured using the same unique nitrogen expansion process route. You can find a more detailed description of our proprietary manufacturing processes here
AZOTE® was used formerly as a name for Nitrogen and is still used by French chemists to refer to the element. AZOTE® foams derive many of their exceptional properties directly from the use of this inert, tasteless, odourless gas in the manufacturing process.
Zotefoams’ well-known product brands names; Plastazote, Evazote and Supazote stand for individual product types within the overall AZOTE® product range.
- Plastazote® Foam: Closed cell, cross-linked LDPE, HDPE and blends.
- Evazote® Foam: Closed cell, cross-linked EVA copolymers
- Supazote®: Closed cell, cross-linked EMA copolymer
AZOTE® foams are characterised by:
- consistent cell size and structure
- outstanding purity
- exceptional isotropic physical performance
- extremely low odour
Each AZOTE® foam is formulated to satisfy a specific range of applications. They represent the best-in-class solution for the desired range of mechanical characteristics such as impact absorption and also deliver:
- colour uniformity
- ease and consistency in fabrication
- uniform density
- predictability in performance