AZOTE is the group brand name for Zotefoams’ closed cell, cross-linked polyolefin foams… high quality foams from differing base polymers but all manufactured using the same unique nitrogen expansion process route. You can find a more detailed description of our proprietary manufacturing processes here
AZOTE was used formerly as a name for Nitrogen and is still used by French chemists to refer to the element. AZOTE foams derive many of their exceptional properties directly from the use of this inert, tasteless, odourless gas in the manufacturing process.
Zotefoams’ well-known product brands names; Plastazote®, Evazote® and Supazote® stand for individual product types within the overall AZOTE product range.
- Plastazote® Foam: Closed cell, cross-linked LDPE, HDPE and blends.
- Evazote® Foam: Closed cell, cross-linked EVA copolymers
- Supazote®: Closed cell, cross-linked EMA copolymer
AZOTE foams are characterised by:
- consistent cell size and structure
- outstanding purity
- exceptional isotropic physical performance
- extremely low odour
Each AZOTE foam is formulated to satisfy a specific range of applications. They represent the best-in-class solution for the desired range of mechanical characteristics such as impact absorption and also deliver:
- colour uniformity
- ease and consistency in fabrication
- uniform density
- predictability in performance